Saturday, September 15, 2012

Books that Should be Made Into Movies

As you know, I love to read. When a book that I like has been made into a movie, I try to see it. As of right now, I think the only movie that is based of a book I read that I have not seen is The Hunger Games. :(
I have now done some thinking about what books I would like to be made into movies next. Here is a list, in no particular order:

Steel by Carrie Vaughn


The Dragon of Trelian by Michelle Knudsen


Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson


The White Giraffe by Lauren St. John


The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry


Princess of the Midnight Ball bu Jessica Day George


Slayers by C.J. Hill


Dragons in Our Midst series by Bryan Davis


Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan



The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester


Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix


City of Masks by Mary Hoffman


The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine



The 39 Clues series by various authors (including Rick Riordan, Jude Watson, and Margaret Peterson Haddix)


Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson



The Door Within Trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
  
Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix
 Double Identity is amazing. And for all you Star Wars fans, it's got cloning in it...

This list is basically my "favourite books" list. All of these books are *clean* and I definately recommend them. They are for different ages and they are different genres, so there is something in there for everyone.

Oh, and these would make amazing movies also:
   

Quantum Prophecy is a series about young teens who find that they are superhuman. I didn't put them in a post like I do with the other books, because they have some bad language. It wasn't too much and I kind of over-looked it because the stories were so good. I really want to be Diamond if they make these into a movie. *Note: I will be posting about the prequel series soon...


If you want to learn more about these books, search their titles or authors on my blog, and most of them should be there.

11 comments:

  1. The Two Princesses of Bamarre would be cool! I'd love to see any of Levine's books (besides Ella Enchanted which already is) as movies. I think there actually are plans for a 39 Clues movie. There's not much info out there yet, but IMDB says 2014 for a release year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe Two Princess of Bamarre, The White Giraffe, Ranger's Apprentice, and the 39 Clues are all scheduled on some movie sites to be released sometime in 2014, but the dates keep changing, and there are no real details yet. I hope they are correct, because I think they would be really great movies.

      Delete
    2. Oh awesome! I'll be watching for those. :)

      Delete
    3. I'll definately post if I hear updates

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of any of these book before but I would really want the Star Wars Heir to the Empire books series to be made into a movie, although that would be nearly impossible. Have you read the books?

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read any books that take place after Episode VI except the Rebel Force series. I have tried to read a couple, but they didn't really pul me in; they were kind of boring and confusing. Maybe that's because I don't know where to start, but I seem to like the Prequel era better.
      You should check out the books I listed above. They're really great. If you like the Avengers and the other superhero movies, you would really like Quantum Prophecy or Super Human(I'll review that soon). I fyou have a specific genre you like best, I can direct you to some awesome books.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting these, I'm always out on the lookout for new books to read. :D
    Princess of the Midnight Ball is AWESOME!!!
    Rangers Apprentice is sooooo cool!!! Have you read the Brotherband series? They're by the same author.
    I'd hate it if they made these books into movies but made them like the movie Eragon which is a great book but the movie was stupid. (^^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have read the Brotherband Chronicles, and I liked them as well.
      Yes, I hope they stay pretty close to the story lines and only change a few details (take out swearing, add some cool things that don't change it too much, etc)
      Actually, I like the Eragon movie, even though they did change it a lot. I guess I kind of see them as two different works...

      Delete
  4. Nice list :) I know only some. Another good one is the Pendragon. I LOVE that book- it comes with LOTR on my list of favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree that Slayers should be made into a movie. It would be great! I just looked it up on GoodReads.com and so far the 2nd Slayers isn't titled. The release date isn't specific just says 2013. I'm hoping early 2013 not late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen!! I would soo wnat to see city of masks and princess of Banmare amde into movies!! You've inspired me to make a ost like this! :) And so for just following you today!

    ReplyDelete